Monday, July 15, 2013

Dehumanized Preformatted Post #2 (Guest Post #1)


Ryan Zachery lived his life the way all high school teenagers should -
carefree.
Until he was attacked by an unknown assailer and awoke in the hospital with lycanthropy. Taken by armed guards and dragged away from everything he held dear, Ryan was thrown into a US camp made for those 'suffering' from lycanthropy.

They caged the beast, but now he will show them that he will never be dehumanized.



People are always asking me where the idea of Dehumanized came from. In honesty the origins of the idea make me laugh, because it came from the oddest of places you could imagine: True Blood. Yes, True Blood helped me formulate Dehumanized. Well, not really True Blood itself, but rather Charlene Harris’ idea of a world where supernatural creatures have come to light, figuratively speaking of course. That idea fascinated me when I first heard of the series, and I thought of an idea where instead of vampires it was werewolves that came out of hiding – because my obsession knows no bounds.

But the idea alone was a little silly and would be too similar to True Blood. So I did what I always did when I was stumped: I went for a walk. I put my headphones in and listened to my MP3 while walking around Bristol and contemplating this new idea I had. Eventually I started thinking about the dangers of having werewolves out and about and how scared the populace would be knowing about it. I thought about what kind of measures the werewolves would be ordered to take to ensure safety, and the punishment that would be conducted otherwise. That’s when things started to get interesting. What would happen if the werewolf broke the rules? Where would they go? Jail? You can’t put a werewolf in ordinary jail. So that’s when the golden idea came to me: a prison designed specifically for werewolves!

I imagined such a place, what could happen behind those walls. I thought of the brutality that could ensue, the experiments the doctors would perform to understand Lycanthropy. What would their living conditions be like? How would the prisoners feel being trapped inside such a place? I imagined it all, and the end result was, as you should know, Dehumanized.
 
Michael Loring was born in Bristol, Connecticut, but has lived in a variety of places such as Florida and Tennessee. He likes to think of himself as an amateur Lycanthropologist, studying werewolves ever since he was eight years old when he first saw An American Werewolf In London. He spent most of his life switching between home school and public school, always focusing on his passion of writing no matter what. His interest in writing was sparked in the second grade when his teacher encouraged him to write short stories for the class, earning him more than one award at school assemblies for Creative Writing. He currently resides back in his birthplace of Connecticut with a house full of women who like to drive him up the wall until he finishes his chores. Though they seem to avoid him during the night of the full moon for some unexplainable reason...

As a present for stopping by
here is a Dehumanized screen saver:
We hope you have enjoyed this stop on
the Dehumanized tour!


Stop by www.MichaelLoring.com to check out the other tour stops;

New guest posts, interviews, excerpts and more!
 
 
Copy + paste the coding
below to feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment