Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dehumanized Preformatted Post #6 (Guest Post #5) for A Diary Of A Book Addict


Ryan Zachery lived his life the way all high school teenagers should -
carefree.
Until he was attacked by an unknown assailer and awoke in the hospital with lycanthropy. Taken by armed guards and dragged away from everything he held dear, Ryan was thrown into a US camp made for those 'suffering' from lycanthropy.

They caged the beast, but now he will show them that he will never be dehumanized.



To Be A Werewolf by Ryan Zachery

This is hell. Absolute, unadulterated hell. Being what I am…I can’t even say it without curling my lip. A werewolf. Being a werewolf is terrible. I hate it so much, every fiber of my being burning with rage towards the wolf inside of me. I curse it, and it curses me right back. Why would anyone want this?

There are articles about people who want to be a werewolf, blogs dedicated to how awesome and beautiful they are. Well, I’m here to tell you they aren’t either of those, or anything else you may think of them. What I turn into every month…it’s a terrible, ugly, evil beast with no intent other than to destroy. It feeds off of misery, it relishes in your pain. What is inside of me is the Devil itself. The wolf is a monster, nothing more.

People actually want this? It’s absurd. If I could choose I’d be human, through and through. All of these children wishing to be monsters…it’s just not right. When I was growing up everyone feared the things that lurk in the dark, now everyone wants to have sex with them. What’s wrong with the world?

Werewolves are not creatures to be desired. The portrayal of a werewolf where they just snap their fingers and turn into a wolf is wrong. What we actually are is something you’d fear should you ever come face-to-face with it. There is no snapping of the fingers and we’re a normal wolf, not at all. It’s an excruciating pain that lasts for an eternity. There’s no way to describe the horrible sensation of Changing, of having your bones broken and rearranged, of feeling your muscles tearing and reforming, of having your skull cracked open and reshaping into a snout. There’s nothing romantic about what I am.

Sure, there’s still the human side to me. Outside the full moon I’m human, I’m still me; but just how human am I? How far does my humanity go before it starts to skew a bit? How long before my rage takes over and I destroy everything in my path?

Dating is not something I should ever worry about, something none of my kind should ever even attempt. Yet…here I am with Anna, trying to fabricate a normal existence with her by my side. But I fear for her safety, because I’m a monster, and there’s nothing I can do about that…

Being a werewolf is a curse, a disease. It’s not a blessing, not anything I’d wish on anyone no matter the vendetta I have against them. I pray every day for a cure…for a release from this cage I lie in. Should the day come I am free, maybe Anna and I could live a happy life together. But until that day I am a monster, a bastard child of the moon. And no amount of wishing will change that.

So think of that before you sit in front of your little laptop and look up pictures of werewolves and fantasize about being one. You’re human. Stay that way.

-Ryan Zachery
 
Michael Loring was born in Bristol, Connecticut, but has lived in a variety of places such as Florida and Tennessee. He likes to think of himself as an amateur Lycanthropologist, studying werewolves ever since he was eight years old when he first saw An American Werewolf In London. He spent most of his life switching between home school and public school, always focusing on his passion of writing no matter what. His interest in writing was sparked in the second grade when his teacher encouraged him to write short stories for the class, earning him more than one award at school assemblies for Creative Writing. He currently resides back in his birthplace of Connecticut with a house full of women who like to drive him up the wall until he finishes his chores. Though they seem to avoid him during the night of the full moon for some unexplainable reason...

As a present for stopping by
here is a Dehumanized screen saver:
We hope you have enjoyed this stop on
the Dehumanized tour!


Stop by www.MichaelLoring.com to check out the other tour stops;

New guest posts, interviews, excerpts and more!
 
 
Copy + paste the coding
below to feature!


No comments:

Post a Comment