Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dehumanized Preformatted Post #9 (Guest Post #8)

Ryan Zachery lived his life the way all high school teenagers should -
carefree.
Until he was attacked by an unknown assailer and awoke in the hospital with lycanthropy. Taken by armed guards and dragged away from everything he held dear, Ryan was thrown into a US camp made for those 'suffering' from lycanthropy.

They caged the beast, but now he will show them that he will never be dehumanized.



My First Change by Anna Clarke

The night of my first transformation was easily scariest moment of my life. All day I was full of anxiety, because I just knew it was coming. The scars on my stomach burned like hot coal, as if in response to the coming full moon. They were moderately healed by the time my first transformation came along, thanks to my sister Kelly who was a nurse before she got sick. She was battling cancer, so she couldn’t work any more but she was able to patch up my wounds so we didn’t have to go to the hospital and get discovered.

The second I got home with the scratch we all knew I’d been infected with Lycanthropy. My brother refused to let me be taken; using every penny he had to construct a sort of containment area in the cellar. He was the CEO of his company, so he definitely had the money.

It wasn’t easy building the containment area (I don’t like calling it a ‘cage’ since that makes me feel like some sort of beast) because we couldn’t hire workers to do it for us without arousing suspicion. The second the request was received they’d know what we were up to and I would have been taken away. Instead Robert and I built it. It took us three weeks to build (would have been less but I had to take it slow since I was healing) and when it was done it seemed perfect. We had the whole thing planned out: I’d get locked in, Kelly would sit and make sure I didn’t escape, and we’d have music playing the whole night so no one could hear what was going on. I was nineteen, so it wouldn’t be too hard to believe that I’d have music blasting all night.

But, even though everything was planned out and I knew I’d be safe from the world, I was still scared. They never explained what the transformation was like when talking about Lycanthropy, so I had no clue what was coming that night. The commercials with the slogan “Stay in during the Full Moon” never truly explained why other than being infected. The idea of being infected alone was scary enough to keep the populace in place, so they didn’t have to add in what would happen after being infected.

That night I found out just how horrible it is to be infected.

I had stripped down naked and was sitting inside my containment area; Kelly sitting on the steps of the cellar as Kelly Clarkson’s (at the time) new single Stronger blared from her IPod. She thought it was an appropriate choice to start off the night, to which I just glared at her the whole time I was sitting there.

The song was beginning its second chorus when it started. Everything seemed to fade away as my whole world was taken over by pain, unbelievable pain. I hadn’t known what to expect, but the kind of torture the Change brings had not even crossed my mind. I remember falling on my side and screaming, and not much else. I think I was in so much shock that my brain had blocked out most of the experience, and I’m actually thankful for that.
The next morning I woke up to Kelly crying. She seemingly hadn’t moved from the spot she was sitting in the night before, her hands covering her face as she sobbed loudly. I was covered in scrapes and I felt like absolute hell. There were streaks of blood on the floor, most likely from the process of the Change, which nearly made me throw up. I had held it in and called out to Kelly, who, upon hearing my voice, practically tripped over herself running to my side. She held me as we both sobbed for what felt like hours.

That was my first time transforming. It was, hands down, the most horrifying moment in my entire life. And I have to relive that pain every month for the rest of my life.

-Anna Clarke
 
Michael Loring was born in Bristol, Connecticut, but has lived in a variety of places such as Florida and Tennessee. He likes to think of himself as an amateur Lycanthropologist, studying werewolves ever since he was eight years old when he first saw An American Werewolf In London. He spent most of his life switching between home school and public school, always focusing on his passion of writing no matter what. His interest in writing was sparked in the second grade when his teacher encouraged him to write short stories for the class, earning him more than one award at school assemblies for Creative Writing. He currently resides back in his birthplace of Connecticut with a house full of women who like to drive him up the wall until he finishes his chores. Though they seem to avoid him during the night of the full moon for some unexplainable reason...

As a present for stopping by
here is a Dehumanized screen saver:
We hope you have enjoyed this stop on
the Dehumanized tour!


Stop by www.MichaelLoring.com to check out the other tour stops;

New guest posts, interviews, excerpts and more!
 
 
Copy + paste the coding
below to feature!


No comments:

Post a Comment