Friday, May 10, 2013

Tour Post #13

 
Tour Co-hosts:
 
The Writers Voice is a multi author blog where prominent authors from around the web come together and share their thoughts on all things literary or otherwise. Here is a peek at our team of authors!

Tell us something about your book that we wouldn’t know just by reading the blurb.


“My novel, For Everly, was inspired by real events in my life. Of all my books, it was both the easiest and most difficult one to write.”
–Raine Thomas



“Laney (in The Wildflower Series) is a Native American girl. In addition to coping with the complications unique to being reincarnated she faces prejudice for being different at her high school. She is the victim of bullying.”
–Amy Maurer Jones



“I try to wrench every emotion humanly possible from the reader throughout the course of my books.”
–Quinn Loftis



 
“My novel Owlet is filled with a very rich back-story. I find weaving the past behind a novel just as entertaining as writing the novel itself, especially when world building.”
–Emma Michaels


“In The Boyfriend Thief, Zac works in a locksmith shop, which was based on my own experiences working in one right after college. Business was really slow and I was in the store on my own most of the time, so like Zac, I had to come up with ways to keep myself entertained.”
–Shana Norris

“For Sapphire, A Werewolf Love Story (March 26, 2013) - from the blurb, you wouldn’t know the angst that will happen, and how the decisions dictate how three years will play out.”
–Devyn Dawson



“It’s a powerful emotional journey, filled with mystery, love, loss, seeking redemption and making all the mistakes to get there.”
–Carlyle Labuschagne

 
“My books, The Magic Warble and The Black Shard have messages of hope, perseverance, faith and love.”
–Victoria Simcox



“There are creepy, evil priestesses, determined to mess things up for my main character.”
–Frankie Rose

 
 
“I bet you can’t predict the ending.”
–Brenda Pandos


“Something they don’t highlight about Dehumanized that I am very proud of is the werewolf transformation. I explain in explicit detail how the body changes from man to beast. It's very reminicant of An American Werewolf In London, what with the bone-snapping and muscle tearing. It's slow and agonizing, unlike other stories where it's just a "POOF!" and they're changed. In Dehumanized it explains in further detail, and I feel that isn’t conveyed in the blurb given."
–Michael Loring


Thank you for reading!
We hope you will join us soon at
The Writers Voice


No comments:

Post a Comment