Friday, May 10, 2013

Tour Post #4

 
Tour Co-hosts:
 
The Writers Voice is a multi author blog where prominent authors from around the web come together and share their thoughts on all things literary or otherwise. Here is a peek at our team of authors!
 
What would you like for readers to
take away from your novel/novels?

“Whatever they need in that moment. Novels have always calmed me down and helped me think clearly because I get to live a few hours as someone completely different. I get a new perspective on my entire life looking through their eyes and that has always really helped me. The potential every novel has to emotionally heal others is limitless.”
–Emma Michaels



“Hope.”
–Raine Thomas


“Be accepting of yourself and others. In Dehumanized, everyone infected with Lycanthropy is treated as lower than dirt. They can’t help who they are, so why do they deserve such treatment? Not only that, the main character Ryan is bitter about his condition and resists who he is now with all his might. But by the end he learns to accept himself and what he is. He accepts the Wolf, and in the process learns to control his new abilities. So, I think the lesson is to accept yourself and others, because even though they’re different doesn’t mean they deserve to be treated as such.”
–Michael Loring



“The power of friendship and unconditional love. Love covers a multitude of sins, it is something that if we chose to do especially for the unlovable, then we will be blessed.”
–Quinn Loftis


“Not to worry about how weird you are because we’re all pretty weird! Ha, seriously, writing and creating characters has helped me to see that the things I thought made me weird aren’t really so weird after all. We all have our oddities and we all feel out of place at times. And having a few people you can count on no matter what makes life better, even if those people are ones you never imagined having anything in common with.”
–Shana Norris



“For me, as long as people enjoy reading my books that is more than I could ever ask for.”
–Tanya Contois




“You are the master of your own destiny, you are either ruled by love or fear – fear binds us, to love is godly. It’s about the journey not the destination.”
–Carlyle Labuschagne



“…Of course, a wonderful feeling of having read something great. Also, a message of hope, faith, perseverance and 'I can't wait for the next book in the series!' attitude.”
–Victoria Simcox
 

“I just want to take them away from their lives for an afternoon. I’m not saying I think people have horrible lives and need saving—it’s just very rewarding to be able to transport someone to another world, to a place you’ve been thinking and dreaming of for a very long time. It’s a very intimate thing to share with people. If I can make them think about something, or imagine how different something would be, then I’m happy that I’ve accomplished my goal.”
–Frankie Rose


“Hopefully good moral lessons, like telling the truth, being true to yourself, fighting for what’s right, and the power of love. Also, I hope they’re entertained and fall in love with my characters.”
–Brenda Pandos


“I write young adult because I love the teen voice and I want to celebrate the world of possibility that belongs to them. We can do and be anything we want in life, no matter our age. We only need to believe in ourselves. We should all embrace our inner youth and follow our dreams.”
–Amy Maurer Jones


“Each of my stories have strong characters in them. My teen books have messages hidden in them…. The Legacy of Kilkenny series focuses on friendship and trust. I also throw in respect to your elders. I love the family/friendship/pack relationship. In my Light Tamer Trilogy, I focus on virtue and first real relationships. The characters learn how they are good and will do amazing things for others. I wanted a wholesome, interesting storyline.”
–Devyn Dawson

Thank you for reading!
We hope you will join us soon at
The Writers Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment