Friday, May 10, 2013

Tour Post #7

 
Tour Co-hosts:
 
The Writers Voice is a multi author blog where prominent authors from around the web come together and share their thoughts on all things literary or otherwise. Here is a peek at our team of authors!
 
What is your biggest pet peeve
in fiction writing?

“I love to write. It is my me-time, stress release, creative outlet. If I had to choose a writing related pet peeve it would probably be the fact that the average person doesn’t know what goes into writing and publishing a story. If they did there would not be so much digital piracy. Seeing your book uploaded to some site where people can grab it for free is like a huge slap in the face or being flipped off the number of times it’s been downloaded without your consent. It makes me really sad.”
–Amy Maurer Jones

 
“Love triangles. There is something inherently unromantic about them to me. How much “in love” can you be with someone when you’re so tempted by someone else?”
–Raine Thomas

“Insta-love!! I hate, hate, HATE it. I’ll never write an insta-love. I know it’s a quick and easy way to get to the good stuff (hot and heavy make outs and the like), but readers don’t know the characters that early on in a book. They can’t empathize, and so the action is exactly that—just action. There’s no emotion invested in the hero and the heroine. Not only that, it’s just so incredibly unrealistic. I could be reading about aliens taking over the world alongside a guy and a girl falling instantly in love, and I would be more likely to believe in the alien invasion.”
–Frankie Rose

 
“Trying to create believable things in an unbelievable world. So very difficult.”
–Quinn Loftis



“Characters without ample reason for their actions. I am a firm believer in cause and effect being as much of a rule in novels as it is in life.”
–Emma Michaels



“My biggest pet peeves are poorly developed characters and/or storyline as well as poorly edited books.”
–Tanya Contois



“I have none.”
–Carlyle Labuschagne


“I tend to over edit my work. I still have to figure out how to deal with it, lol.”
–Victoria Simcox



“Cliffhangers. If an author doesn’t end a book with somewhat of a happily ever after, just to segue into book two, I’m done with that series. The Hunger Games was my only exception and that was because I had book two already.”
–Brenda Pandos

“I think my biggest pet peeve would have to be when the narrative addresses the reader. Like say the POV is first person, and the main character addresses the reader nonchalantly like, “Would YOU want to do something like that?” or, “Wouldn’t YOU do the same thing?” I don’t know why but that irritates me. It kind of makes me realize that indeed I’m reading a book, rather than losing myself completely to the story. Kind of ruins it for me.”
–Michael Loring

“In books I read, I wish there was more of a ‘rise and fall’ to stories. I love intensity and would like to see more depth or action in books.”
–Devyn Dawson


Thank you for reading!
We hope you will join us soon at
The Writers Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment