Friday, May 10, 2013

Tour Post #15

 
Tour Co-hosts:
 
The Writers Voice is a multi author blog where prominent authors from around the web come together and share their thoughts on all things literary or otherwise. Here is a peek at our team of authors!
 
What is the hardest emotion for you to convey?


“Good question, probably grief. To bring people to that place of no return and utter despair can be difficult to achieve.”
–Quinn Loftis
 
 
“True happiness.”
–Emma Michaels



“I’ve never felt I had trouble conveying a particular emotion in my writing, but it’s sometimes a challenge for me to write evil people. I hate making my characters suffer!”
–Raine Thomas


“I think the hardest emotion to convey in writing is love, because it’s a very complex beast. There are such plundering depths of love, sometimes, that we can hardly begin to unravel them ourselves, let alone explain them to someone else. It’s very much a conflicting emotion. You can love someone so deeply but hate them almost equally as much. You can love someone but never want to see them again. It can make your characters do utterly irrational things, stupid things that will have your readers screaming, ‘Noooo!! Why did you do that?!’ You have to show the reader the insanity that it is to be in love before they’ll buy any of the other stuff, and that can be a huge task sometimes.”
–Frankie Rose


“I’d have to say embarrassment, because it’s so easy to fall back on hot flushing of the neck or embarrassed smiles. It’s harder for me to think of ways to write it in a new way each time.”
–Shana Norris

“Um… I’m not sure I have a hardest emotion. Maybe it’s putting the right emotion into the appropriate setting. Sometimes my characters recover too quickly when they should harbor more resentment, or anger, over stuff I’ve never experience, like losing a parent, etc.”
–Brenda Pandos



“Hmm ... that's a tricky one. Probably being too serious. I love humor in all situations, so I have to be careful with that.”
–Victoria Simcox


“Self-righteousness. If you get to know me you’ll learn I’m a pretty modest person at heart, so it’s hard for me to portray someone who’s boastful of their talents or thinks of things as “the end justifies the means.” In Dehumanized the main antagonist, Dr. Scott, is a very self-righteous person who only cares for his own goals and would gladly sacrifice others to put himself on top. Since I’m not that person or ever have been it’s hard for me to portray someone like that.”
–Michael Loring



“Fear, it’s hard to go there. No one likes to feel weak or afraid, yet at times we are all weak and afraid because we are human, still…”
–Amy Maurer Jones
 

 
 
“I don’t have any problems with this part of writing.”
–Devyn Dawson



Thank you for reading!
We hope you will join us soon at
The Writers Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment